Popular Posts

Saturday, April 2, 2016

To Go Vegan: Vegetarianism Really

    todayifoundout.com



To eat the veggies or not to eat the veggies that is the question?

Many people all around the world eat meat. But then there are the select few that don`t. They are called vegetarians.

I know all too well about how arduous this journey can be.

In fact, if you are a strict vegetarian i.e. vegan you don't-- I never said can't  consume any animal products (at least your not supposed to).

This is almost impossible and very, very expensive.

There are the times when your only human body desires the meat or some kind of animal product. We are omnivores we eat  both plants and animals so these type of urges are only natural.

I was a vegan for 3 1/2 years and a lacto ovo  vegetarian for two.

Trust me there were plenty of slip ups. And I mean meaty slip ups.

I think the whole concept of vegetarianism is very misconstrued. It`s like people don`t  know what they are putting into their body. Once it isn't  obviously meat. Then it must be vegetarian.

I think vegetarians are very confused sometimes. I`m not downing anyone because everyone is entitled to their own beliefs but come on :)

Advantages

- clearer skin; less acne; glowing skin
- regular bowel movements
- a burst of energy
- weight loss ( I lost like 15 pounds in my first month of trying it)
- better immunity

Disadvantages

- very expensive
- not available to all stores
- sometimes you crave animal protein

Other TidBits And Advice

- wash your fruits and vegetables
- boil and cook your food properly
- store your cooked food in the refrigerator properly
- do your research and read the labels (not all health foods are good for you)

I could go on and on. However, my advice would be to just take your time. Cook your own food. And if you want to eat some meat make sure that it is not that often .

Me

I`m a meat eater and I want to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into my diet. I know how far to go.

1 comment: